Sunday, August 16, 2009

To ComputerGirl

In response to your blog post.

While it is true that I mispronounced syllogistic logic during our meeting, I do know what it is.

There was a reason behind my madness, and that reason was to prove a point.  The point being that the average person would have so little clue as to what syllogistic logic is to the point where they would not even be able to pronounce the word.  Nor would they have any interest in learning about syllogisms, especially when you start quoting Aristotle.  They would not  watch a show about it.

Documentaries, while they are appealing to some, are usually shown only on public funded stations. There is a reason for that,  it’s because only a small portion of people watch them.

Whether you want to admit it or not (and the statement must have made an impact because you quoted it),  people want to see drama.  They want conflict.  They want to laugh.  They want to cry. They want to be entertained without having to think too much about what they are seeing.

You want people to watch your show, right?  Didn’t Sally ask me for my help because you wanted to put yourself “out there”?   I’m offering to do just that and I’m offering to incorporate your ideas into the show as well but you have to give a little too. 

I’ll tell you what,  do at least the first show with me and we will discuss doing the documentary on logic.  This way you can have the best of both worlds.  What have you got to lose?  Say yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment